Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

My Countax K14 will not start, was running ok last week.

Customer Question

My Countax K14 will not start, was running ok last week. When I turn key there is a small click and the black fan looking part under the bonnet turns a little but not firing at all
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought I better add it has been left outside in the rain for a couple of weeks!
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Start by checking the battery via a load test, next check connections on the battery cables from the battery to the block, the starter solenoid and the actual starter and checking the starter ground. Also try turning the engine by hand to make sure it is not hydrolocked or seizing.

I am just seeing if you still need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see that your question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if you still needed help.

In some cases a question may sit due to several different reasons. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need help that I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you.

At this time please feel free when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working with me, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me know exactly what you wish to do.

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.

Thanks,
Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Joe
First I must tell you that I don't know how to do the majority of what you have suggested. I dont have any experience with engines. I can do some electrical work, fit light fittings, install a new ring main of sockets, change motors, elements, pumps ect in household appliances. I tell you all that to let you know although being a woman I am not entirely helpless.
I will try to find out how to do as you have suggested via Google! All I can confirm at this point is the battery is charged, has good connection from it.
Thank you for your help
Kind Regards
Alison
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Good day Alison,

For you I will then try to keep it simple as to not overwhelm you, I fully understand how frustrating it can be esp if someone is talking about something you may not know, if you have any questions please let me know and I will be happy to try and better explain.

For now let's just simply have you have the battery tested by any shop (that sells batteries, or even an auto shop, they can test the battery (in most cases free) and tell you if it is bad, if it is then this may simply just need the battery replaced. Next you would want to wiggle the battery cables to see if they are loose.

Let's start with that and see if there are results.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!