Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a honda hht31s trimmer/brush cutter. I have been

Customer Question

I have a honda hht31s trimmer/brush cutter. I have been trying to remove the trimmer head and install a brush cutting blade. I can not seem to get the trimmer head removed. I have followed the directions to the letter. Any suggestions?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Page 34 in operators manual shows removal. Are you holding the shaft with tool and turning the base clockwise to loosen, it is left handed thread.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

http://cdn.powerequipment.honda.com/pe/pdf/manuals/31VJ4001.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Curtis,
As I described in my question. I have done that. I have turned it both clockwise and counter clockwise. I can get the trimmer head to turn just a bit. It seems to be stripping out. We even put it in a vise and tried to turn the entire machine while the trimmer head stayed still. Got the same result.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

With shaft locked, the hub has to be turned CCW. If it will not come loose, The hub has to be destroyed to get to the threaded section.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I would use a cutoff tool, / grinder to get hub off.