JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

How do you get gass through a walbro on a wt3100 eater?? i

Customer Question

how do you get gass through a walbro carburetor on a wt3100 weed eater?? i blowed it out and put new diaphrams , what do i need to look for, i have same problem with all my 2-cycle engines, and i can not figure it out ,, can you help?? K
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Can you explain to me what the problem is? Does the machine start? Have you checked the fuel lines for cracks or breaks inside the fuel tank?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i replaceded the fuel lines, and yes it starts then dies'''
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Does it die instantly or only when you try to operate the throttle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when i operate the throttle it dies but it dies quicker when i do
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

And you had this same problem prior to installing the kit in the carburetor?

There are adjusting screws on the carburetor marked H and L on the body of the carburetor beside the screws. You can turn the H screw out about and 1/8 of a turn and see if that fixes the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okey, but thay have plastic caps on them
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

The caps can be removed with a small screwdriver and just catch under the bottom edge of the cap and pry it off then you can make your adjustment and put the caps back on. The caps are called limiter caps and they basically just keep you from turning the screws per EPA restrictions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okey i tried that the screw adj. did not help ,i i ended up screwen it all the way out little at a time , and it still starts and dies...
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like you just aren't getting enough fuel through the carburetor to keep it running. When you replaced the diaphragms did you clean the carburetor thoroughly while you had it apart? Are you comfortable in the idea that you have the diaphragms installed correctly? It sounds like you at least have the pump diaphragm correct or chances are the machine would not even attempt to start.