Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

The problem I have with my Stihl ms200t chainsaw is it bogs

Customer Question

The problem I have with my Stihl ms200t chainsaw is it bogs at the initial full throttle from idle then it takes off, besides that it runs great you let it idle a couple seconds or minutes and pick it up and try to full throttle it bogs I can feel gas spray from the carburetor Inlet with the filter off the initial full throttle runs good but wants to bog when you squeeze the trigger full throttle then it picks up and goes. I rebuilt the carb with a new kit and still does the same thing can you help me?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer, when you rebuilt the carburetor did you remove the high and low mixture screws and spray out the holes with a carburetor cleaned , it sounds like the high needle adjustment could be off a tiny bit

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I totally clean the inside and out I ran a very small wire through all the holes both sides of the carburetor and set the metering level to factory specs I am a small engine mechanic myself not having this problem before all of my chain saws I use in my service which is a tree trimming service I have no problem with anyone but this one what else can I look for
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Check the tank filter , I'm sure you have already tried adjusting the high speed needle . The fuel screen was replaced as well right

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just to let you know I replace the rubber intake from carb to cylinder head and replace the gas filter in the gas tank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been working on chainsaws and small engines for 40 years and this is the first time I've come across this problem with a chainsaw that wont ramp-up full throttle at the idle without bogging
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

It almost sounds like a gasket leak etc . We're the gaskets replaced that goes between the carb and saw ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still waiting on last answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Stihl MS200T does not have a gasket between the carb and intake only seals is the rubber intake
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Did you only run a wire or spray it out with carburetor cleaner as well ? , something is stopping the saw from smoothly accelerating , I personally use a ultrasonic cleaner and spray out the carburetor with carburetor cleaner as well

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

No matter which way you turn the high screw it makes no difference in how it accelerates?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

I tried to answer your request for a phone call but it wouldn't let me so I sent a call request