Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

Hank My Onan 7.5 KW generator won't start. The Model number

Customer Question

Hank
My Onan 7.5 KW generator won’t start. The Model number is ***** This generators has has been working perfectly. I was getting ready to go on a three week trip and the last thing I check was the generator. Started normally, ran for about 5 minutes and just quit. I waited a bit and started it again; a little harder to start and then ran for a couple minutes and quit. The only thing I did was drain some water from the water separator near the Moto Home fuel tank.
This was similar to a problem I had with it when I had some algae in the fuel. Here is what I have done.
1. Checked the three fuses.
2. Replaced the air filter which was horribly dirty.
3. Removed the spark arrestor plug.
4. Removed the fuel filter and checked to make sure the fuel pump was pumping fuel.
5. Reinstalled the fuel filler and made sure fuel was flowing freely through the filter.
Primed the system for 1 minute, initially heard the pump. Tried to start it again - it would turn over and s
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

I am just seeing if you still need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see that your question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if you still needed help.

In some cases a question may sit due to several different reasons. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need help that I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you.

At this time please feel free when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working with me, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me know exactly what you wish to do.

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.

Thanks,
Joe