Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

As a kid i had 10 different briggs engines on my go cart.

Customer Question

as a kid i had 10 different briggs engines on my go cart. now im a dummy i guess with this honda 190 0n my push mower. just lost spark.... can i bypass the safety handle switch to see if thats the issue?? these new mowers have electronic ignition, pionts and condensers are gone.... lol...
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. You can test to see if it's the coil by unhook the ground to the coil , it will have a blade clip that connects it . If it has no spark to the plug after that the coil is bad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ya, ive unplugged the "safety" switch from the the coil, spark plug is out and grounded to the block, no spark...
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

OK the electronic ignition in the coil has went bad then . The coil will have to be replaced . What kind of mower is it ?