JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have a cub cadet ztr model # 17VK2ACP000 S/N 1C199G10151

Customer Question

I have a cub cadet ztr model # ***** S/N 1C199G10151 it will not go forward or backward. I checked the gearboxes are full of fluid. Belt looks good and nothing blocking the belt. Where do I go from here?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Have you by chance had the release valves pulled recently and forgot to push them back in? The only other thing that I can think of that would make both sides not operate all of a sudden is if the belt is not tight enough allowing it to slip and not turn the transmission input pulleys.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pulled the relief valves when I pulled it ba k to the house. But I was in the process of mowing when it stopped all of a sudden and would not go any more. I checked the belt and it seems tight enough it will turn the pullys by hand but I will try to tighten it some more.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

I would check the spring on the idler pulley that holds tension on the drive belt as well as the belt itself. It would be really odd for both transmissions to go out or bad at the same time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok that is a place to start. I thought it was very odd myself. Thank you for now. I will see what happens from here.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.