Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a Craftsman 12" compound miter saw model 315212240.

Customer Question

I have a Craftsman 12" compound miter saw model###-##-#### ***** guard broke and I replaced it, but it doesn't slide as easily as it used to. What did I do wrong in putting the parts back?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

This is one of those things that really requires hands on to find, with that said the most common problem is it was tightened up too much, sometimes they do make special lubes for them.

I am just seeing if you still need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see that your question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if you still needed help.

In some cases a question may sit due to several different reasons. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need help that I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you.

At this time please feel free when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working with me, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me know exactly what you wish to do.

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.

Thanks,
Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't need any help. The issue was fixed. The spring needed to be installed differently. The person who fixed it noted that the online diagram of the saw was incorrect and positioning the spring was counter-intuitive.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

No problem, thank you for using justanswer.com and have a good evening!

Thanks,

Joe