Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have an onan 2500 and it's having problems starting. But

Customer Question

I have an onan 2500 and it's having problems starting. But when I take the hose going to the regulator off the carb it runs/starts fine.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
from what I've be reading its the pressure balance hose
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

I am just seeing if you still need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see that your question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if you still needed help.

In some cases a question may sit due to several different reasons. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need help that I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you.

At this time please feel free when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working with me, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me know exactly what you wish to do.

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.

Thanks,
Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i would like help.
if i remove the hose off the carb it will start and i can put the hose back on the carb after it starts and it runs perfect
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

And you have checked the regulator?