JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

My chains saw starts and dies. I replaced the fuel filter,

Customer Question

my chains saw starts and dies. I replaced the fuel filter, air filter, fuel line, and soaked the carburator in carb cleaner overnight and still the same problem!
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Have you tried to adjust the carburetor settings? Did you install a rebuild kit when you had the carburetor apart and cleaned it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't rebuild it or take it apart. I soaked it in carburetor cleaner overnight, blew it out, and reinstalled it. I also put in fresh gas with the correct amount of 2 cycle oil.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

So you didn't even take it apart prior to soaking it?

I would recommend taking the carburetor apart and cleaning it thoroughly inside. I would even install a new carburetor kit when doing this. There are two rubber diaphragms inside the carburetor that work to pump the fuel up from the tank to the carburetor and then meter the amount of fuel going through the carburetor when it is running. If these diaphragms become stiff or damaged your machine will not run properly.