JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have a five to 7 year old, never used in "battle", & S

Customer Question

I have a five to 7 year old, never used in "battle", B & S 10hp 5550 Watt generator, model No, 030235. When I pulled it outfor it's periodic run I noticed it was leaking gas at the point where the gas line goes into the tank from the carb at the "gas on/gas off switch".
Me thinks it might be the tank it self....please tell me it's not and how I can fix it.
Thanks
AL
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Most of these tanks have a grommet in the fuel tank where the line or fitting goes into the tank. This is a rubber grommet that over time can become hard and crack or shrink which will cause it to leak. You most likely just need to replace this grommet which would solve your leaking problem.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

This grommet can only be purchased with the on/off valve in a kit from Briggs using part number 192980GS however you can get the grommet by itself through Stens part number 125-336. Any of your local small engine/lawn equipment shops should be able to provide this for you or you can get one online.