Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I tried to replace the 21" blade on my 2 year old Greenworks

Customer Question

I tried to replace the 21" blade on my 2 year old Greenworks mower, and it seemed to take an eternity to unscrew the nut. It seemed for a time that turning the nut to remove it only spun the axle of the blade and then it took another eternity to screw the nut back on. When I had "tightened" it as far as it seemed to go, the blade was still slightly loose, but the square washers were tight together and the axle end came to the top of the nut. Is the blade supposed to be loose horizontally in order to have some flexibility? Or have I not tightened the nut enough? If not, how to I keep the axle from spinning while I tighten the nut?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Either it is not tight enough or the hardware that centers and supports the blade is not lined up correct. Try using an electric or air tool to spin the nut/bolt up faster to lock the blade to the shaft so you can then torque it down tight.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chris, I'm going to take it off and try again to put it on correctly, using your repair suggestion, and if successful I'll get back to you.

Super