Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I am looking plastic fuel filter/sediment bowl TAS J-33

Customer Question

I am looking for a plastic fuel filter/sediment bowl for a TAS J-33 engine with a Keihin Seiki carb on it. I am not sure how old this unit is, just that it was made in Japan. It is for a water pump.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Can you attach picture using the Tree or paperclip Icon. Here is a basic bowl on Ebay.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-SHOWA-SEIKI-Gas-Fuel-Filter-Glass-Bowl-Excellent-/121763078561?hash=item1c59a521a1&vxp=mtr

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fuel filter actually attaches to the bottom of the fuel tank, so its an L shape. I have attached a picture of the part, and in the picture you can see the plastic piece that was melted by solvents while trying to clean it.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a Honda Outdoor equipment dealer? Check these out.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Honda+CB+450+CB450+Gas+strainer&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XHonda+CB+450+CB450fuel+petcock.TRS0&_nkw=Honda+CB+450+CB450fuel+petcock&_sacat=0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can check around the local lawnmower shops, I would just need that bottom metal part as long as the threads are the same length. Is that the closest thing you can find? I know that TAS in now considered Tanaka right? I can't find anything that looks similar from Tanaka either though.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

That's as close to it as I could find!