JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Can you please help me with my snapper riding mower engine

Customer Question

Can you please help me with my snapper riding mower engine that will cut off when I put the ground speed control lever to the "engage" position? thanks
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Does the machine cut off when the parking brake is disengaged or only when the drive levers are moved into drive position? Can you engage the mower deck and the machine continue to run?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The engine starts up great but when I disengage the parking brake or move the drive levers into the drive position, the engine stops. I understand that it is probably an issue of one of the safety systems so I have taken apart the seat safety plug and put it back in as well as the plug for the parking brake (ground speed control lever)... but to no avail....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I cannot engage the mower deck while in the park position or the engine cuts off as well.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

I would focus on the seat safety switch. Try unplugging the connector or wires that goes to that switch and see what happens. If the machine still does the same thing then you can insert a jumper wire between the two terminals in the connector and try it.