JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have a yazoo keyes zt max. left side has been weak while.

Customer Question

I have a yazoo keyes zt max. left side has been weak for a while. started whining and jerking a bit this week. is there any way to determine if it is the pump or the wheel motor.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Yes, you can have the hydro pump tested to see if it is the problem. Once you test it you will be able to tell whether it is the pump or the wheel motor. It takes a special gauge that can be hooked up to the pump and pressure applied to the pump through the gauge in order to test it. The gauge is rather expensive so you probably don't want to purchase for unless you think that you will use it more than once or twice. The best thing to do is search your local small engine/lawn equipment repair shops and see if any one of them have a gauge and if they are willing to test your machine. If they don't have a gauge they can normally borrow one from one of the distributors that they purchase parts from and test your pump. The test gauge kit is about $400.00 to purchase.