Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I have a LTX1042KW (2013). My problem is when I use the

Customer Question

I have a LTX1042KW (2013). My problem is when I use the bagger attachment it tends to blow clippings, leaves, etc. out from the bottom of the deck excessively. My neighbor has the same issue with his LTX1042. We are using the standard blades installed correctly. Is there an optional blade we can use to eliminate this issue?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer, the problem is you need bagger blades for it , I can find the blades you need

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

http://www.cubcadet.com/equipment/KnowledgeCenterArticleView?storeId=10051&catalogId=14101&langId=-1&pageName=en_US/knowledgeCenter/knowledgeCenterArticles/TheDifferenceBetweenMulchingBladesandHighLiftBlades.html

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Do you currently have mulches blades on it ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Were can I get these blades? I have been told by multiple dealers that there aren't any bagger blades available.
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Which blades do you have on it now ?

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

They have 2 in 1 blades and 3 in 1 blades , did you have a mulch kit on it prior to the bagger kit ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had std blades
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

OK if they put mulch blades on it factory they won't throw the grass in the bagger kit.

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Your going to need a 2 in 1 blade or what they call high lift blades

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

These are them

http://www.amazon.com/MTD-942-04312-Blade-21-23/dp/B006CVGOP6

With the mower off look at your blades and see if they are mostly a straight edge or have a curve in the edge

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the blade you recommended. They are curved for lift. I'm going to try taping the seams on the catcher tube to see if that helps. It may be the nature of the lawn mower. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Is the cutting edge of the blade straight? , yes make sure it's secured at the deck and where the tube connects .

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

This shows the different blades

http://www.cubparts.com/p/Cub-Cadet-Mower-Blades