Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

My question concerns my 62522FE husqvarna walk-behind mower.

Customer Question

My question concerns my 62522FE husqvarna walk-behind mower. The front drive wheels are locked up, only freeing up after I start the mower and push it a few feet. Per the owner's manual I need to remove the wheel, but am unable to get it off after removing the locknut. I am hesitant to force the wheel off if there is something more than the locknut holding the wheel on. Please advise me.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer, the nut is what holds them on but they may be stuck , take a hammer or rubber mallet and lightly tap around the wheel . Tap outwards the way the wheel comes off

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

http://www.partstree.com/parts/husqvarna/mowers-walk-behind-lawn-mower/62522-fe-96143004400-husqvarna-walk-behind-mower-2009-01/repair-parts_1/

You can also grab both side of the wheel and kind of wiggle it as your pull it off , it most likely the gear hanging on to the wheel. Spray it with some wd40 , spray behind the wheel cover etc too