Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 2003 EZGO golf cart and when I back it out of the

Customer Question

I have a 2003 EZGO golf cart and when I back it out of the garage it starts fine but when I put it in forward it sits there and putts but doesn't move. After a few minutes it will finally start. Some times faster when I open the air filter housing and remove the filter. Once it begins moving it forward it runs fine until next time it sits for about an hour. When it is running it has very little power. It has a lot if trouble climbing a hill. I have seen gas in the intake area of the air filter housing. This all seems to have started when I had a golf cart mechanic put a new drive belt on the cart. Any ideas?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Does it actually run in reverse or is it just the starter moving the cart?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

You say you see gas in the intake? Is the choke cable letting the flap open?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

If you pull the choke, does it move the choke flap? Choke cable may have been removed for belt install. and now needs adjustment.