JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Regardless of outdoor air temp my Super Bronco 420cc engine

Customer Question

Regardless of outdoor air temp my Super Bronco 420cc engine stalls after 20 minutes, sometimes longer. It's just a couple of years in use. Needs to cool for a half hour or so then will run again just fine for another cycle, then stall. Changed out fuel filter, air filter, oil filter, added dry gas, and carb cleaner. Doesn't fix it. I read about the ICM overheating on the 420cc and I read about the fuel solenoid overheating. Will either of those solve the problem? Hard to mow an acre+ in 20-minute increments every hour. Is there a warranty issue since it seems to be more than just me having the problem? Is there anything else to check?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

The first thing that I would check would be spark going to the spark plug. You would need to check this as quickly as possible when the engine dies in order to see if you are loosing spark.