JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have a model 128 trimmer. cannot get it to run very. I

Customer Question

I have a model 128 trimmer. cannot get it to run very long. I have a new carb on it changed fuel filter and new fuel lines 2 of them. It will start and idle for 30 seconds to a minuet. when I try to set the high idle it runs for maybe 15 seconds and dies. starts right back up and does the same thing. I thought the fuel lines were wrong switched them same thing. Its like it runs out of fuel . some time it will back fire which usually means it is a lean mixture. I cant seem to get it up to high idle rpm. I can get it to run for a few seconds and when I try to adjust the idle screws it picks up rpm and dies. can you give me some ideas ?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Have you checked the cylinder base gasket? These machines have been notorious for the cylinder coming loose which creates an air leak and you will have this problem.