Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I just purchased a 2011 toro power clear 621 r off

Customer Question

I just purchased a 2011 toro power clear 621 r off craiglist. The problem I'm having with it is after I start it and it runs for a couple minutes the engine starts to surge. Checking online says its probably running lean. I dont see any carb adjustments so help with this would be much appreciated. Thanks, Mike
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Your center jet in the carburetor could be partially blocked , once the auger is engaged does the surging stop ?

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

If you can , clamp the fuel line , and remove the bolt in the bettor of the carburetor bowl, that bolt has some hole in it . 2 through the sides and one where it screws in , clean it with a wire and spray it out with carburetors cleaner. You may need to remove the carburetor and spray out the ports etc as well

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it does not stop when the auger is rotating. I cleaned all the ports in the carb with card cleaner. There are no holes in that bolt there is a jet that runs up the center of the carb that is visible by looking up from the bottom.
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Did you spray that jet out, that's the main jet .