JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have an echo pb 620 blower. I'm a decent mechanic but I

Customer Question

I have an echo pb 620 blower. I'm a decent mechanic but I can't seem to solve this problem.
My blower has no spark. I changed the ignition coil with no results. I got another ignition coil, primary resistance 200 ohms, secondary 1680 ohms. I still couldn't get a spark. When checking, the ground lead is disconnected.
Does this resistance sound OK, could the flywheel magnets weaken?
Help !!!
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

With the ground wire unplugged you should be getting spark, if not then most likely the coils are bad. I would however check the magnets on the flywheel rarely do you see problems with them but they could be weak causing no spark. What did you set the gap on the coil at?

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

I normally don't do resistance readings on the coils because it really doesn't matter. If the magnets on the flywheel will hold a screwdriver to them then they are good. The only other thing that could be the problem is the coil itself or a ground/short in the wiring which you have unhooked which takes it out of the equation.

If the coil is not set properly it could cause no spark or weak spark. Make sure that you have the coil set at .010 inches to the flywheel magnets.