JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have a Poulan Pro Model # BVM200FE blower with only a few

Customer Question

I have a Poulan Pro Model # ***** blower with only a few hours of use. It ran good until a day or two ago when it would not start. Later that day it did start so I assume it was flooded. I tried to start it yesterday and it would not start. I do not smell gas and do not believe it is flooded. The gas mix is fresh. I notice when I pump the bulb that air bubbles move through one tube. I removed the spark plug and it was dry. I added a small amount of fuel to the gap and reinstalled. It did not start. An hour later I tried again and it fired and ran for 5 seconds and stopped and would not start again. I assumed it fired from the fuel I put on the plug but did not get any additional fuel. Both hoses and bulb are good.
Next I removed the carburetor and it looked fine. There was not a gasket between the carburetor and the engine. should there have been?
Please help.
Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Butch, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Have you checked the fuel lines going down inside the fuel tank. It sounds like the main fuel supply may be broken off just inside the fuel tank. When you removed the carburetor you say that there was no gasket, these new machines are using o-ring type seals rather than paper gaskets and the seal is recessed into a grove in the plastic flange between the carburetor and the cylinder.