Jack
Jack, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Briggs & Stratton Kohler and MTD Tech. with over 15 years Small engine knowledge.
72783663

I was looking at the Kubota gr2100 but reading your review

Customer Question

hi I was looking at the Kubota gr2100 but reading your review on it I will give it a miss
But I see you are a briggs and station tech. this week end I just broke my mountfield mower it had a 31p777 engine in it trying to get a new engine or short block for it not cheap is there a smaller engine or cheaper engine I can put in it to just see out until I can get some money togeather
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

hello and thank you for the question, the 31000 series intek engine made by briggs and stratton is a very good engine and a replacement for that is going to be around the same price weather you get a briggs or another brand, what do you consider to be to much money?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

if you are looking just for something to get by most of the single cylinder intek briggs engines will fit your application the lower horse power ones say 14.5 and above will fit as long as they are intek