Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Honda 11 h.p. riding lawn mower H3011 - Starts and runs

Customer Question

honda 11 h.p. riding lawn mower H3011 - Starts and runs fine. After a little while, while cutting grass, the motor just dies down and stops. But just before it stops, I shift into neutral gear and it revs back up and starts running again. It runs for a little while and stops again, until I put it back in Neutral gear. (Note: There is no dirt in carb, fuel filter, or gas cap--they are all clean. It has a new plug and new gas also.) Can you give me some kind if help as to why it keeps stopping and then running after in Neutral. It'll run all day if you keep the thing in Neutral--but you have to put in gear to mow grass. I'm completely baffeled. Can you help?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Does it have electric solenoid in the base of the carburetor.?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Solenoid may be loosing voltage and is trying to close.