JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I just bought this Troy-Bilt Super Bronco used. It hasn't

Customer Question

I just bought this Troy-Bilt Super Bronco used. It hasn't been used much. It started fine the first three times and I was using it and it quit running. I could not get it to start again. After some investigation I have determined that there is no spark. I checked the kill switch and it seems to be in proper order. Could the coil have gone bad? It is a 6.0 hp OHV
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Yes the ignition coil could have gone bad and is no longer firing to the plug. An easy way to check this is to unhook the small wire that is going to the coil and crank the engine, if you have spark then you know that the problem is in the switch or wiring, if you still have no spark then the coil has gone bad.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.