JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I am replacing the solenoid on an Ariens EZR 1742 zero turn.

Customer Question

I am replacing the solenoid on an Ariens EZR 1742 zero turn. The main cable from battery is in place. Also the other side to the starter is in place. There is a small red wire that also attaches to the side along with the cable to the battery. There are two other wires. One is brown, one is black. The black comes from the engine mount and I'm not sure where the brown goes to. It attaches to the small pin at the side of the solenoid. I'm not sure where to attach the black. I think it goes on to attach to the starter.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Does your solenoid have three or four terminals on it? You have two large post that the battery cable and starter cable attach to. Then how many small spade terminals on the side, one or two?