JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

We have a fd590v Kawasaki that the customer tried to adjust

Customer Question

we have a fd590v Kawasaki that the customer tried to adjust the governor and now it won't open the throttle under a load. can you explain the adjustment procedure and the idle and top rpm specs.
Thanks, Jim.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

HI, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Watch the governor arm as you move the throttle from idle to full throttle pay attention to which direction the governor arm moves. With the throttle at full throttle, loosen the nut that secures the governor arm to the governor shaft that comes through the side of the block. Rotate the shaft as far as you can in the same direction as what the governor arm moves when the throttle is operated, while holding the shaft in this position tighten the nut on the governor arm to secure the arm to the shaft. This should be a static adjustment on the governor system which should make the system work properly again.