JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Have a zforce50 w/23hp Koehler. Motor seems to run fine.

Customer Question

Have a zforce50 w/23hp Koehler. Motor seems to run fine. Until I turn mower deck on, it loses power. I just sharpened blades and I am sure everything is smooth turning for mower deck. My name is ***** ***** **
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Sam, my name is***** will be assisting you.

This sounds like the engine may only be running on one cylinder. It sounds good until you put a load on it and then it looses power.

I would check the push rods on both cylinders to see if you have bent a push rod. You can easily get to them by removing the valve covers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought I would add this. Two weeks ago I ten out of gas with mower. Filled up and it has ran like this since. Could some crap have sucked into fuel pump restricting one side from getting the gas it needs
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

It is possible that you may have sucked something into the carburetor that might cause you a lack of power but this would normally show up all the time not just when you engage the mower deck. However I would not completely rule it out, it is just not very likely since it would have to pass through the fuel filter, the fuel pump and then into the carburetor in order to cause you any problems.