Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

Gen set on cobalt 360 runs fine little over an hour then

Customer Question

gen set on cobalt 360 runs fine for a little over an hour then just quits; will restart after a significant wait or about an hour then repeats
Idea
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

What are the brand, model and serial numbers of the genset?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's not a answer. That is asking me t go to the marina and dig around for information tat seems that is not that important On a 12 year old cobalt. Less than 100 hrs on gen set what could be the cause?
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

Without knowing which genset you have, I can't even begin to tell you where to start.

The brand, model and serial number are very important - I can't even begin to guess what type of systems or components your genset has, to know what to do.

That would be like you going to auto parts store and telling them "I need a set of brakes for a pickup". They are not going to have a clue what to give you.