Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My 26 Kohler runs but as soon as start to mow grass it

Customer Question

My 26 Kohler runs but as soon as start to mow grass it starts to lose power and indeed gets weaker and weaker. Ambrosius Lawn equip here in DePere, WI did a great job with a tune up but this problem is still a problem. Wife said she could see some blue smoke that came and went. I had to hire neighbor to cut lawn. It seems to run great until has stress (mowing). Any ideas to help me? (mower is 6 years old and craftsman).
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Repair is coming to get tractor tomorrow, please expedite answer. Thank u.Dwight
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

run a cylinder test. Loosen the spark plug wires, then with engine idling, remove one wire at a time. If engine dies when one is removed, the opposite cylinder is not firing.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

You may have to do it after it warms and is acting up!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

With Kohler twin, likely one of the ignition module /coils. is cutting out when hot.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

If that is the case, Kohler recommends replacing both at same time.