Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

Haveyth150.replaced pto switch and checked all wiring and 12

Customer Question

haveyth150.replaced pto switch and checked all wiring for continuity and 12 volt at clutch when pto is pulled up.Hear no evidence of engagement at clutch.have electrician neighbor help me check all other possibilities using schematic.everything checks out right down to the clutch
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello. How are you today? My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

If you checked, and confirmed that you are indeed getting 12 volts at your pto clutch, and you are getting a good ground at your pto clutch, but your clutch does not engage, this indicates that your pto clutch is very likely at fault.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Just to be sure, double check the ground wire that goes to your pto clutch, and check to see if one of the wires coming from your clutch is not bare or broken. Sometimes, these wires will break off close to the body of your clutch. Also, as a last resort for confirmation, remove your clutch, and bench test it.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

We can continue from here. Thanks!