Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have a Cub Cadet CC98H. When I pull the start rope I hear

Customer Question

I have a Cub Cadet CC98H. When I pull the start rope I hear some metal banging. Mower starts right up and runs great until I get into some grass. Then it starts virating, bucking and clanging. It doesn't seem to be losing compression and I checked the blade and it is tight. I do notice when I tip the mower and turn the blade by hand it feels like there is too much resistance, but that may be normal. I also found that it would take longer to start the clanging after I hosed out the bottom of the deck. The banging can really be heard when I shut the mower off and the blade runs free to a stop.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Have you checked for a build up of dirt and debris under your frame? Is your blade slightly bent?

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Please click on the link below, to open up the image I have attached for you.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Check to see if your blade is slightly bent, and striking your #14 Engine Baffle. Have you recently struck a solid object with your blade? I am wondering if your Blade Adapter, have a hairline crack in it.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

We can continue from here. Thanks!