Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I own a cub cadet LT1045. I just rebuilt the fuel system,

Customer Question

i own a cub cadet LT1045. I just rebuilt the fuel system, replacing filter, fuel pump , and carburetor. The engine started but revs. Im thinking it has to do with the spring on the linkage. Where should it connect to? Also the bolt holding the Carb on towards the rear keeps slipping into the hole and there is no backing on it to thread the nut on. Any tips there?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. There should be a square recess for the square head on your bolt to slide into, to prevent it from turning, as you thread your nut on. You must keep your bolt pulled forward, as you thread your nut on. The high revving, could be caused by your carburetor sucking in excessive air, due to your carburetor mounting nuts not being tight enough.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

We can continue from here. Thanks!