Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a Freedom 458 in my RV with remote. The coach

Customer Question

I have a Freedom 458 in my RV with remote. The coach batteries are 8 months old. I am hooked to 50 amp service. Battery indicator shows low hence bulk charge should be on. DC amps is showing <10amps. I assume I have a bad charger. Anything else to look for?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

Sorry for the delay...... I would still have the batteries load tested to start on this, I understand they are 8 months old but if they were ever discharged or had a shorted cell it would be an issue. Really important to also make sure all your cables are clean and tight, if you had a loose, dirty connections the charger might want to charge in bulk mode. The only other thing I would look at is if you have a remote panel inside, on that panel it allows you to make settings and also many will ask for the battery type, if all that looks good or you do not have a remote panel then it does sound like the inverter is bad if it will not come out of bulk mode. You could try shutting it down and and then do a restart, sometimes that might help, I assume you tried to shut the inverter off and back on..... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert