JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Cub cadet 1330 believe made by mtd the trans model is hydro

Customer Question

HI Donald,cub cadet 1330 believe made by mtd the trans model is hydro gear BOU-10S-215. I pulled it and it seems extremely low on fluid. do the marks on the reservoir indicate proper operating levels? also the fluid I can see is filthy.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Yes, the marks do indicate the proper operating levels. The lower mark near the bottom of the reservoir is your fluid level when cold, the upper mark near the middle of the reservoir is your fluid level when the unit is hot.

These units are normally good for up to 1000 hours of use without service. You can changed the fluid if you would like but you have to find a way to drain the unit as there is no drain plug on them. You can tip it upside down and drain through the reservoir but it will take some time for all the fluid to drain out.