machinc
machinc,
75209918

My lawmower has been idle months. I removed the blade to get

Customer Question

My lawmower has been idle for two months. I removed the blade to get it sharpened and then replaced it. When I started it the mower was making a loud noise. Different than its previous smooth running. I suspected the blade might not be properly balanced but continued cutting. I only got about 25 yards with a very high setting and the mower quit. It had been fully charged (green light). I rolled it back to the garage, plugged in the transformer - red light for 30 sec then green light. I changed to a previous charger (long story) and got the same reaction - 30 sec red then green I removed the key, and reset the breaker ( no resistence - so I don't think it did anything) .Removed and reinserted the key several times, no power. Removed the blade to try a start (not that I thought it would benefit, but what the heck) no power.
Any this is a e cycler 20 inch cordless
Lawn mower
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  machinc replied 1 year ago.

If you try to reset the breaker while the motor is still warm it pisdibly not reset. The loud noise after replacing the blade is definately a warning. An unbalanced blade would cause a noticable shaking or vibration but that could still be the problem. Check your blade with the key out . It should turn freely . If there is a lot of resistance remove the blade and reinstall checking the manual for proper fit. If the blade looks like a part of it is broken off get a new blade.

Expert:  machinc replied 1 year ago.

There are numerous places where the problem could be but the circuit breaker not feeling right and the motor quiting while noisy brings me back to that area as the problem . Try resetting the circuit breaker with the motir cold ( you probably already have ) if it still wont reset ( it should feel normal) if not it is possibly bad abd should be replaced

If the blade is bent in any way it could cause the noise.

Expert:  machinc replied 1 year ago.

Having teo troubles at the same tine may seem unkikely but it does happen. Getting back to the blade make dure everything is absolutely right in that area. Nothing around shaft, string , wire, etc, (it can look like grass) if something heavy was hit with the blade the shaft could be out of line.

Expert:  machinc replied 1 year ago.

I will be glad to answer any questions you may have

Expert:  machinc replied 1 year ago.

Just in case you dont have this.

https://lookup3.toro.com/classes/doGetPub/?pubid=85823

Expert:  machinc replied 1 year ago.

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/44/4492b4a7-fbb7-4bdb-9a3e-14faec3e6550.pdf

Sorry that might be a bad link try this if it wont work.

Expert:  machinc replied 1 year ago.

If the blade is questionable, been sharpened a lot , nicked , been bent and straightened , it should be replaced