Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I have a cub cadet 2130 runs great but usually dies before I

Customer Question

I have a cub cadet 2130 runs great but usually dies before I can finish my yard, and I wont start until I go out the next day and it fires right up like nothing was wrong with it and then eventually will die again I have confirmed it isnt getting fire when this happens
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer. So even after replacing the coil it looses spark to the plug once it gets hot ?

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

It should get spark anytime the engine is turned over. Do you have access to a compression tester ? I would check the compression before starting and right after it dies

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Also when you can , can you get the info off your engine , model family. Etc . I know cub uses kohler engines but is it a cv15s etc ?