Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 16hp Simplicity Broadmoar with a Turbo Collection

Customer Question

I have a 16hp Simplicity Broadmoar with a Turbo Collection system. What is the layout for the drive belt and where does the tension spring attach
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.

Hello,do you mean the tractor transmission belt?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. There is a boost impellor between the deck and the tube to the twin bag catcher. This "Turbo collector system is a 4 pulley deal. Two are directional - one is connected by a spring some where on the deck housing. The third turns the impellor and the 4th connect to the same pulley that dives the twin blades. The impellor runs when the blades run. I don't know where the tension spring attaches. This this spring allows you to change the belt by push a side stick forward thereby relieving belt tension. Otherwise it keeps the pulley in position and the belt tight for running. I may have reinstalled the belt wrong and I don't know where to connect the pulley. I have no manuals and can't find them on line. I really need help.Thanks.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.

Is there a model number for the kit?. Is it a Simplicity or third party kit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check this evening but I could not find one yesterday.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a Turbo Collection System and looks very much like one made by Allis Chalmers #1692002. This is listed at42" but my deck is 44". I hope this else. I will be off to work until this evening. Thanks.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.

Me too.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

http://www.partstree.com/parts/simplicity/accessories/1692003-simplicity-48-turbo-collection-system/48-turbo-collection-system-cover-support-group/

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Belt diagram should be same as yours. Set spring so it pulls the idler into the belt to keep it tight.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked this out and it is not. I am looking for Simplicity (###) ###-####Turbo Collector Blower, Turbo Blower System. The deck is 44". This attachment is externally connected to the deck between the deck and the bagger. I need to know how/where to reconnect the tension spring; confirm I have the belt on properly; and make sure I re-installed one of the pulleys correctly. What started all of this was one pulley nut fell off while mowing. Thanks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

http://www.partstree.com/parts/simplicity/accessories/1691260-simplicity-turbo-collector-blower/turbo-blower-system-42-48-mowers/