Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a troy bolt 7000 watt generator that would always

Customer Question

I have a troy bolt 7000 watt generator that would always start even if battery was dead. Now the only was to get even the starter motor to turn is to attach the power directly to the starter motor and when it turns over it runs for a few seconds and stops. Cleaned out carb and always used Stability. Even when battery died in past all I had to do was to attach battery jump box to battery and use switch. I can't figure out problem.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Have you checked the fuse in the circuit, here is schematic showing the fuse.. Also it shows a fuel solenoid in the carburetor, this solenoid has to have 12 volts to open the fuel to the cylinders. So you need a good battery .

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

http://www.partstree.com/parts/briggs-and-stratton-power/generators-portable-generator/1925-0-troy-bilt-portable-generator-7-750-watt/wiring-diagram/