Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a &S Standby Generator model 040234 connected to an

Customer Question

I have a B&S Standby Generator model 040234 connected to an automatic transfer switch model 071009-01. The generator runs continuously when there is no power failure. It started one day out of the blue and I must place the main switch in the OFF position to prevent it from restarting. I replaced the control panel (311353GS) on the generator with no relief. I checked the two 2 AMP 500 volt fuses in the transfer switch that provide utility voltage to the generator and found that they were blown. I replaced them and the system set up properly and stayed quiet for about 3 days. Then it started one night and the same symptoms - won't shut down. I found that the fuses were again blown. Any suggestions? I am a competent electrical troubleshooter. Has there been any reports of this before? What were the causes and cures? Thanks for any light you can shed on this.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

I am just seeing if you still need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see that your question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if you still needed help.

In some cases a question may sit due to several different things including the amount of the deposit/question value, time it was asked, the complexity of the question, number of experts that can help you at a certain time, lack of detailed info and so on. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need help that I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you.

At this time please feel free when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working with me, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me know exactly what you wish to do.

Thanks,
Joe