Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a Generac 4456-1 standby generator that does not

Customer Question

I have a Generac 4456-1 standby generator that does not start. The overcrank warning light was on. I reset the system and the green gen set light came on. However when I tried to manually start but all it did was click. Any help would be appreciated
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

That is commonly an bad battery/low battery, bad connection, bad starter relay, bad starter, etc. First thing is to have the battery load tested if you find the voltage is also under 12.6 esp speaking. You could have a bad cell causing the problem. The overcrank is usually due to cranking for too long without starting which could have happened if the battery was low already at that time, and thus lets start there.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.