Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

Died while using. Had been running fine then seemed like the

Customer Question

died while using. Had been running fine then seemed like the timing changed and it died immediately. Tried to restart but no luck. Have tried several times since but the battery was dead. Charged battery-same thing. A week later the battery was dead again.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

First thing to check on these is if the fuel shutoff valve failed and is dumping fuel into the engine (pull the dipstick for oil and see if it is overfull and smells like gas), if not then next check spark, fuel to carb (starting fluid can be used to try and start as a test), compression, timing is usually ralted to a twisted/sheered key on the shaft. Have the battery load tested, if weak it will not start the engine.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.