Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a G16 Yamaha starts right away but when driving

Customer Question

I have a G16 Yamaha starts right away but when driving around when I let off the gas to slow down and then push the peddle back down it hesitates a while then runs ok until the next time I let off the gas.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Check for air leaks and check for lack of fuel right away anotherwards a fuel flow restriction where it isn't getting enough but is enough not to stall, you would also want to check the carb adjustment and fuel pickup. It would also help me to know if it does this everytime from a dead stop or only when you come to a stop?

I am just seeing if you still need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see that your question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if you still needed help.

In some cases a question may sit due to several different things including the amount of the deposit/question value, time it was asked, the complexity of the question, number of experts that can help you at a certain time, lack of detailed info and so on. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need help that I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you. I may not have exactly the experience to deal with a certain problem but instead of you not receiving any answer at all I would at least like to reach out and attempt to help you.

At this time please feel free when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working with me, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me know exactly what you wish to do.

Thanks,

Joe