Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have an older model Troy Bilt Horse tiller with a Kohler

Customer Question

I have an older model Troy Bilt Horse tiller with a Kohler magnum 8 engine. I cannot engage the PTO. It has been sitting idle for some time. The engine runs fine and the forward/reverse functions fine. Just no tine movement.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Not having a model number I am not sure if this has an electric or manual lever pto, being a horse I have a feeling it's a lever also combined with that engine as it sounds like an older unit. What I also do not know is if when you try to move the lever does it actually move but nothing happens or the lever does not move? If the lever does not move it might be bent, a problem with the linkage or something binding or stuck in the linkage so that is the first place I would start.

I am just seeing if you still need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see that your question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if you still needed help.

In some cases a question may sit due to several different things including the amount of the deposit/question value, time it was asked, the complexity of the question, number of experts that can help you at a certain time, lack of detailed info and so on. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need help that I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you. I may not have exactly the experience to deal with a certain problem but instead of you not receiving any answer at all I would at least like to reach out and attempt to help you.

At this time please feel free when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working with me, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me know exactly what you wish to do.

Thanks,

Joe