Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

Oil is spurting out of the oil breather tube into the air

Customer Question

Oil is spurting out of the oil breather tube into the air filter case on 20 KW GENERAC generator. Oil level is fine. Is it a blocked PCV valve? If so how can I access it? I'm trying to take the air filter case off but can't.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Check pcv and then check compression and for blow by by also preforming a leak down test, you will want to verify if the problem is blow by or unrelated. Pvc can be removed and air should free flow as well as well as have vacuum on the vacuum side of the hose. Smell the dipstick and confirm fuel is not getting into the oil raising the level, in some cases a dipstick may not be registering the correct level and hence even if it is thought not to be it's best to check and confirm.

Thank you!

- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.

If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.