Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

Cut my grass turned mower off went back yo finish when I

Customer Question

Cut my grass turned mower off went back yo finish when I turn the key on first notch of turning key you hear what sounds like celinoid clicking in turn key to start position nothing happens leave key in on position and try to start by jumping battery wire to celinoid engine spins but will not crank
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

It sounds like the battery may be low on voltage or a bad cell which is a symptom of not starting and starter spinning but not engaging with the flywheel. Check battery voltage with a voltmeter and if below 12.6v dc then it is not fully charged, even if it is then you need to have it tested with a load tester (any auto parts store or shop or battery store will usually test it for you for free) as it may have a bad cell and or be weak and need to be replaced. Check ground cable as well. If battery is good then we can diagnose this further.

Thank you!

- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.

If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.