Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

I just rebuilt my old toro valves with new parts. I

Customer Question

I just rebuilt my old toro valves with new parts. I installed a new controller and wired up the 8 valves. After doing so I connected the power and upon doing so 3 of the 8 valves turned on. This is without programming the controller or anything. They come on and won't shut off till I disconnect the power. Ive tried programming and running a test cycle and it runs through fine except for the 3 stations run continuously through the cycle. Any suggestions?
.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

On the controller try swapping two of the valve's wiring, place the one that turns on right away with one that does not and see if the one that did not turn on now turns on, if so you know it is the controller, if not then you know the problem is with the valve itself, it would not be the wiring as there is nothing there until the controller sends signal out to each valve, so you either have a bad controller (or needs to be reset, check that it isn't set to turn them on and that is what is taking place or is not on manual mode) or problems with the valves.

Thank you!

- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.

If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.