JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

2006 club car precedent. Runs 5 minutes and then quits. I

Customer Question

Hi. 2006 club car precedent. Runs for about 5 minutes and then quits. I get no spark until it cools down. Ideas?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

I would look to replace the condenser on the engine. It is getting warm or hot and not firing until it cools back down. If there is no condenser on your engine then it would be the ignition coil.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't even get to the ignition coil! Covered by a metal shroud that I can't get to the bolts to remove!
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Which engine is in this cart?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kawasaki FE350
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

You ignition coil should be mounted externally, you should have access without pulling the shroud off on that engine. Follow the spark plug wire backwards from the plug and you should find the coil mounted to the outside of the shroud.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, the spark plug wire disappears through a grommet into the metal shroud. I have tried to remove the bolts, but can't even get to all of them.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

It definitely sounds like the coil is your problem. It will run until it gets warm or hot then quits firing and won't fire again until it cools off. You will need to get the shroud off in order to get to it on this engine. The way that the engine is mounted into the cart does make it difficult to get to but in order to solve your problem it will have to come off.