Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I HAVE A GENERAC STAND BY GENERATOR MODEL 5242 13 KWHSB, SER

Customer Question

I HAVE A GENERAC STAND BY GENERATOR MODEL 5242 13 KWHSB, SER # ***** AND TALKED TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THAT MODEL. IS THERE A RECALL ON THIS ITEM THAT I DON'T KNOW ABOUT? WHAT PROBLEMS SHOULD I EXPECT WITH THIS MODEL?? I KNOW THEY DON'T MAKE THIS MODEL ANYMORE AND WAS WONDERING WHY... THANKS YOU VERY MUCH, RON..
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

You are missing a digit in the serial number.

What is the serial number?

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THAT'S THE SERIAL NUMBER ON THE UNIT.WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS WHAT PROBLEMS DID THEY HAVE OR WHAT PROBLEMS SHOULD I EXPECT ON THIS UNIT? THIS INCLUDES THE MOTOR , THE GENERATOR HEAD AND THE ELECTRONICS. THANK YOU, RON..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

You only listed 6 digits in the serial number, and a Generac serial is 7 digits long. I can not look up anything without a serial number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I WILL FORWARD YOU THE SERIAL NUMBER ON THE UNIT IN THE NEAR FUTURE. I THOUGHT YOU COULD CKECK OUT THIS UNIT WITH THE MODEL NUMBER 5242, 13KWHSB AND THE MAKE,GENERAC. THANK YOU HANK../
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

With Generac, everythind is done by serial number.

Besides, you only gave a partial model number - the actual model number is ***** 7 digits long.